3.07.2010

Blogging

Ugh...blogging. I don't even know if I'm in the right area, but I'll give it a go. I'll have to make this private right away, as being a teacher can get you into lawsuits over nothing. :)

Let's see...people have requested a house update. I'll refrain from listing the location on this public blog, but it is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! We just love it and have our little hearts set on it. It's two stories, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and just over 2000 square feet. We aren't getting our hopes up because we don't want to be let down if anything happens. That being said, let me tell you that our hopes are up and we would be crushed if anything happens! haha So much for trying not to fall in love. I don't even look at other houses the same way. It could be any day now...short sales are way too complicated to explain in a blog post, but we are already moving in the right direction. Once we hear if the bank approves our offer, we will be in escrow - only about another month then until we could move in. We already have paint and decorations picked out! I can't wait. Owning my own home (and knowing I am paying for it - sorry Jon) is so exciting! I'm growing up. The best part is knowing that this could be the place where Jon and I raise a family.

I am already thinking about the nusery and my children someday sneaking out their window and of having family dinners at our dining table and family breakfasts on the patio... haha! I love thinking that I may soon have the place where all my lifelong goals can be ahcieved. From birth I have wanted nothing more than to be pregnant. Most people who know me know that a wedding wasn't all that important to me - I wanted the pictures and the dress and God's blessing for sure, but I knew I was married to Jon long before June 20th. More important to me is being a mother. I think that's part of why I chose teaching. I absolutely love children and working with them. I love them when they're older more than babies. Still, even though I love children and not so much babies, I can't explain to you how much I want to be pregnant! haha I have always said that I want to be pregnant more than I want the kid itself! That's not true, but it almost is. It's fascinating to have a little body growing inside of you! It seems like everyone is getting pregnant right now, which is hard on me. I want to be pregnant so badly, but I know it's not my time. It's very important to me to have a house first and to finish a few years of teaching. I want some leave saved up to be able to take off and I want some seniority in my profession. On top of that, I have to work 4 years to pay off a loan, and I only have 6 years to do it in, so I have to work a little first. The biggest reason I can't get pregnant right now, however, is obviously that Jon leaves soon. Hopefully next summer we can start trying so that I can have the baby at the end of my third year teaching and be able to take summer vacation as part of my maternity leave. Then maybe I could take a year off...maybe. Anyway, congrats to all of my friends with a bun in the oven right now! I can't wait until they start delivering so I can see their precious miracles! I can't even imagine how amazing it will feel to see something that is a part of both Jon and myself. Wow. I love him more than I could ever have imagined, and I know that having a baby will be a different love somehow...I can't wait to find out what that feels like.

Well, it is 10:00 and the Oscars are ending soon. I am almost done planning for what I hope is a short week, so I should be off to bed. This Tuesday I get to go to the district office again to help write the statistics final - a pretty big honor for a first year teacher. Friday I plan to celebrate Pi Day, and then it's SPRING BREAK! I never thought I would want spring break more than when I was in college, but I do! Then 10 weeks till summer. Oh, and I was nominated for Rookie of the Year, also a pretty big honor. Even though I feel like I suck at this job, it's nice to know I have people who believe in me. My amazing stduents make it all worth it and support me every day.

Hope you are all happy with this! :)

7 comments:

Megan said...

First of all, thanks for giving me something to read while I'm on bedrest!

I am so excited for you to hear about the house! Owning a home is amazing and it so nice to know that its all YOURS!

I can't wait for you and Jon to start a family...time will pass by so quickly and before you know it, you'll be pregnant!

Keep up the great work at school...Rookie of the Year...how awesome!

Also, keep up the blogging! LOL! :)

Kamrie said...

That's so exciting! I will defnitely be keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes perfect for you guys to get the house! :) I agree with meg, you need to blog more [it's super hard to lol] but i loved reading it since i don't get life updates on you too often :).

Mr. and Mrs. Arnold said...

You did a great job blogging! I think some others would be sad too if the house didn't work out...it is GORGEOUS! But don't worry...it will ;-).

I know it's hard to believe that any one else could possibly understand what you are going through...but I do. Just another way we are alike...our absolute desire...NEED to be pregnant. I didn't think I could possibly cry over something SO much that I couldn't have. I still can't believe that over 2 1/2 years have gone by. Meg used to tell me the same thing...that it would be here before I knew it. I didn't want to hear it and it wasn't easy but some how it does pass quickly. I don't know if that helps but I hope it does a little :-).

Congrats on everything wonderful happening at school!!! I am SURE you do not suck. You actually care...about your students and the kind of job you are doing...that is a heck of a lot more than I can say about some teachers ;-).

PS...Keep blogging...I know it's not your favorite thing but little do people know you were blogging WAY before anyone even had a clue what that word was...Xanga, LOL!

Mr. and Mrs. Arnold said...

LOVE the new look!

theSalongaFOUR said...

Yahooo you blogged! :]

If you make it private, please include me. :]

I will pray for you and the house! Just know that God has a plan and you will get the house that He has planned for you to get! So much easier said then done but I hope you get it!

I can absolutely agree with you on being a mother. I knew all my life, I was put on this Earth to be a mother. I knew I wasn't destined to be a lawyer or a doctor but a MOTHER, I sure knew I would do great at that. And so far, I think I have. :] Baby fever is hard to ignore when everyone else is pregnant and raising little ones but trust me, your time will come and it will be magical! Enjoy this time you have with your husband. In a few years, you will look back and CHERISH this. Being a family of three, four, five is wonderful but the first few years being a family of two is wonderful also! You will be an amazing mommy Danielle. I can't wait until you have a little one and they can all play together!!

And congrats on the final! What a great honor! You rock at keeping those kids in line! :]

K-Swiss said...

Keep blogging! You have always been a great writer and it is nice to have this as a way for me to keep tabs on my friends lives!

BrandonHenegar said...

MRS> ARNOLD!!!!!!!
best math teacher in the land
-Brandon Henegar