4.16.2010

And life goes on...

Well, it has indeed been quite some time since I last posted. Life has a way of getting away from me like that - at least during the school year. :)

Things with the house are still looking up, up, and up! We are offcially in escrow and hopefully **crosses fingers** able to move in in just under 2 weeks. :) Jon and I could not be more exicted about it, even though we have a lot of work ahead of us. And we're going to get me a kitty!! We are also possibly wanting to throw a welcoming party/goodbye to Jon party before he leaves in May, so we'll have to let you know about that! :)

I had my interview for that Rookie of the Year award, and it went really well! It took twice as long as it was supposed to, they all laughed, and I even made one woman cry. However, I found out the other day that I did not win the award, but it's still cool to say I was a semi-finalist. :)

My teacher friend had her baby two days ago!! SO excited for her!

I also turned 23 recently...can't believe it. My kids still guess I'm 26 or 27. Crazy when you think that people out in the real world think I'm 16. :)

As most of you know, I also lost a student three weeks ago to a terrible car crash. He and another of my students hit a tree, and he died immediately. It was so awful, and I still don't like talking about it. How awful to see him go and have his empty seat in my class every day. I feel a lot closer to my stduents now, though. And I know that I am stronger for having been there through this for them.

Rest In Paradise Kenny Nunez. We miss you down here, kid.

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Arnold said...

Congrats on getting that far with the Rookie of the Year! I am sure the experience of it all was well worth it!

I am very excited about a party at your new home! Can't wait to see what you guys have done!

I am so sorry to hear about your student. We have lost three babies since I began working in the NICU. I have definitely shed a few tears but also understood that it is apart of my job. I never thought about losing people when you have a different career...it is tough and something you shouldn't have to go through. I hope that you have been able to start the healing process and are doing ok.

~Heather